As many as 2,24,301 folks have been inoculated with COVID-19 vaccine to this point, the Union Well being Ministry stated on Day two of the nationwide vaccination drive on Sunday. It additionally knowledgeable that about 447 adversarial occasions following immunisation (AEFI) have been reported. Solely three of them required hospitalisation, ministry’s Extra Secretary Manohar Agnani stated at a press briefing.
- “Right this moment being Sunday, solely six states performed vaccination drive and in 553 session a complete of 17,072 beneficiaries have been vaccinated,” the official stated.
- The six states the place the vaccination drive was carried out on Sunday are Andhra Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Manipur and Tamil Nadu.
- Agnani stated a complete of two,24,301 beneficiaries have been vaccinated until January 17 as per provisional stories, including that 2,07,229 of them acquired the jabs on day one of many drive.
- “A complete of 447 AEFI have been reported on January 16 and 17, out of which solely three required hospitalisation. Many of the AEFI reported to this point are minor like fever, headache, nausea,” he stated.
- The official additionally stated a gathering was held on Sunday with all states and union territories to evaluation the progress of the drive, determine bottlenecks and plan corrective actions.
- On Saturday, Prime Minister Narendra Modi rolled out the world’s largest inoculation drive in opposition to COVID-19 and stated the 2 vaccines being deployed will guarantee a “decisive victory” for India in opposition to the pandemic.
- India has authorised two vaccines — Covaxin developed by Bharat Biotech and Covishield from the Oxford/AstraZeneca secure being manufactured by the Serum Institute of India — for emergency use within the nation.
- In keeping with the federal government, the pictures will likely be supplied first to an estimated one crore healthcare staff and round two crore frontline staff, after which to individuals above 50 years of age, adopted by individuals youthful than 50 years of age with related comorbidities.