Farmer unions will maintain a national ‘chakka jam‘ on February 6, protesting the web ban in areas close to the agitation websites, alleged harassment meted out to them by authorities and different points. Hundreds of farmers have been demanding the repeal of Centre’s three new farm legal guidelines which they imagine will dismantle the present mandi system and finish the MSP construction. The three farm legal guidelines are — the Farmers’ Produce Commerce and Commerce (Promotion and Facilitation) Act, 2020, the Farmers (Empowerment and Safety) Settlement on Value Assurance and Farm Providers Act, 2020 and the Important Commodities (Modification) Act, 2020. Enacted in September 2020, the legal guidelines have been projected by the Central authorities as main reforms within the agriculture sector that can take away the middlemen and permit farmers to promote anyplace within the nation. The federal government has repeatedly assured the farmers that these three legal guidelines won’t cast off MSP and mandis.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
- In keeping with a press launch issued by the Samyukta Kisan Morcha, nationwide and state highways throughout the nation might be jammed from 12 midday to three pm.
- Emergency and important companies like ambulance, faculty buses won’t be stopped.
- The Morcha stated that the Chakka jam programme will stay “peaceable” and “non-violent”. Protesters have been requested to not bask in any battle with authorities officers or residents, it stated.
- In keeping with the Morcha, there might be no chakka jam within the Nationwide Capital Area of Delhi since all of the protest websites are already in a chakka jam mode. All roads for getting into into Delhi will stay open, besides the place farmers’ protest websites are already situated.
- The Samyukta Kisan Morcha stated that chakka jam programme will conclude at three pm by indicating the unity of farmers, by blowing automobile horns constantly for a minute. “We additionally attraction the general public to affix in, at three pm to specific their assist and solidarity with our annadatas,” it added.
- He stated the blockade won’t be executed in Delhi however will happen in different components of the Nationwide Capital Area, which includes components of Uttar Pradesh, Haryana and Rajasthan, and the remainder of nation together with the southern states.
- Bharatiya Kisan Union (BKU) chief Rakesh Tikait, main the stir right here since November together with his supporters, stated that there might be no highway blockade in Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand on February 6.
Haryana police have stepped up safety measures. Senior law enforcement officials have been requested to personally supervise safety and site visitors preparations at important junctions and roads whereas district police chiefs have been directed to make sure deployment of ample personnel. “In view of the January 26 incidents in Delhi, some anti-social components and aggressive youth creating regulation and order issues, can’t be dominated out,” an official communication issued to them learn.
Delhi Police has additionally tightened safety on the metropolis’s border factors close to the three protest websites by deploying additional forces and placing up multi-layered barricades, barbed wires and nails studded on the roads. The police will even be monitoring content material on social media to maintain a watch on these spreading rumours towards the power. Delhi Police PRO Chinmoy Biswal stated in view of the violence that befell on January 26, ample safety preparations have been put in place by the Delhi Police on the borders in order that miscreants should not in a position to enter the nationwide capital. “We’re monitoring content material on social media to verify rumours should not unfold towards the police. The protestors are tenting on the borders of Delhi. We’re in contact with the police power of different states additionally,” he added.