Peterborough Public Well being reported seven instances of COVID-19 on Monday together with two new outbreaks whereas lively instances proceed to say no.
On the well being unit’s COVID tracker replace issued at 4:06 p.m., there have been 75 lively instances of COVID-19 in its jurisdiction (Peterborough, Peterborough County, Hiawatha First Nation and Curve Lake First Nation).
That’s down from 78 lively instances reported on Sunday and 77 on Saturday. Over the weekend, the well being unit reported 16 new instances (9 Saturday, seven on Sunday).
Variant instances proceed their upward climb, with 465 reported, up from 442 on Friday. The primary confirmed variant case within the well being unit’s jurisdiction — a B.1.1.7 variant, first reported within the U.Ok. — was reported on Feb. 23.
There at the moment are 1,156 resolved instances among the many well being unit’s 1,245 cumulative instances for the reason that pandemic was declared in March 2020. That’s 23 extra resolved instances since Friday, making up roughly 93 per cent of the overall instances.
On Monday, the well being unit declared an outbreak at Sunshine Youngster Care Centre on Bensfort Rd. in Peterborough. Case particulars weren’t accessible.
A second outbreak was declared at one other youngster care centre within the metropolis which was not recognized.
On Ontario’s web site, the next places are listed with single COVID-19 instances of kids (as of 10:30 a.m. Monday) on the following places: Compass Youngster Care, Compass Early Studying and Care and Trent Youngster Care St. Lukes.
Additionally on Monday, the well being unit lifted the outbreak at Trent College’s Champlain School scholar residence (E/F tower). Declared April 16, full case particulars have been by no means offered however Trent College studies two scholar residence instances on Monday, unchanged since April 29. There have been 18 instances reported on April 19. The college says not all instances could also be linked to the Champlain School outbreak.
On Saturday, the well being unit lifted a office outbreak (#6). No case particulars have been ever offered on the outbreak, which was declared initially declared April 15.
Different lively outbreaks as of Monday:
- Office #8: Declared April 28. No case particulars have been offered.
- Office #7: Declared April 26. No case particulars have been offered.
- Office #5 in Peterborough: Declared April 13, no case particulars have been offered.
- Congregate dwelling facility #3 in Peterborough: Declared April 11, no case particulars offered.
- Empress Gardens Retirement Residence: Initially declared March 22 when a resident examined constructive, the outbreak has claimed the lives of two residents who died in hospital. One other resident and employees member examined constructive on April 16. On April 30, the house reported all instances resolved, together with an asymptomatic resident on April 21.
Because the pandemic was declared, the well being unit has handled 254 COVID-19 instances related to 43 outbreaks.
Different COVID-19 knowledge for Monday:
- Shut contacts: 193, down from 199 reported on Sunday, 211 on Saturday and 200 on Friday.
- 53 instances have required hospitalized care for the reason that pandemic was declared — unchanged since April 29. Eight required the intensive care unit, unchanged since April 23.
- Fleming School: Reviews no instances associated to its Sutherland Campus within the metropolis.
- Peterborough Regional Well being Centre: Reviews 16 COVID-19 inpatients — unchanged since April 29 — and not less than 62 affected person transfers from different areas, unchanged since April 28.
- Demise toll: 14 for the reason that pandemic was declared, two linked to outbreak at Empress Gardens Retirement Residence; one to the Severn Courtroom Pupil Residence outbreak in Peterborough; three related to a November 2020 outbreak at Fairhaven long-term care in Peterborough.
- Greater than 49,850 individuals have been examined for COVID-19.
College-related instances within the well being unit’s jurisdiction:
Kawartha Pine Ridge District College Board (board does specify if scholar or employees):
- None as of Monday at 10:30 a.m.
- Holy Cross Catholic Secondary College in Peterborough — 1 case
Vaccination appointments have to be made by way of the provincial name centre at 1-833-943-3900, accessible every day 8 a.m. to eight p.m. or anytime on-line.
Peterborough pharmacies providing the AstraZeneca vaccine to anybody ages 40 and older: Costco Pharmacy at The Parkway, Walmart and Rexall, each on Chemong Highway and Excessive. St. Guardian. Appointments are required and might be made by calling the respective pharmacies.
© 2021 World Information, a division of Corus Leisure Inc.