Rachael Ray can not seem to catch a break.
The TV chef, 53, revealed that one 12 months after her replace New York home burned down in a fireplace, her New York Metropolis house flooded due to Hurricane Ida.
“Ida took it out. And I imply, out. Down onerous,” Ray informed Folks journal. “Like, actually each speaker within the ceiling, the fireside, each seam within the wall… It was just like the house simply actually melted, like in ‘Depraved’ or one thing.”
Ray stated she and her husband, John Cusimano, had simply completed renovations on the NYC pad. After a remediation group got here in, much more injury was carried out.
“They put up their followers and their humidifiers. After which, they make a gap within the wall and break the principle water pipe and flood your complete constructing all the way down to the primary flooring, from our house on the sixth flooring.” Ray stated. “Inform me you wouldn’t really feel like a kicked can.”
Final August, the bestselling writer’s Lake Luzerne residence went up in flames because of a chimney fireplace. She had the home for 15 years and misplaced many particular belongings resembling cookbooks and picture albums.
Fortunately, she, Cusimano, and her pets weren’t harmed.
“On August ninth, my home burned. 15 years of recollections; 40 years of notebooks, drawings, ideas, my life’s work,” Ray informed her viewers final 12 months. “It took about one hour for this home to come back down – and in my thoughts it took a long time earlier than it was even constructed. Within the years that I lived right here, I discovered an terrible lot. Within the few weeks because it burned I believe I’ve discovered much more. Immediately we will share what’s left of our residence with you.”
Ray recalled how she and her husband have been prepping dinner and made a fireplace of their fire, which had been cleaned out twice already. Then, a neighbor alerted them their roof was on fireplace.
“An individual was going by way of our yard on an ATV and was form sufficient to come back down the hill and say, ‘Your roof’s on fireplace.’ Actually screaming it in our yard,” Ray defined. “We went exterior (and) certain sufficient, that was the case.”
Ray stated she “heard the fireplace within the partitions… It was blood-curdling and chilling from head to toe. I flip to depart and there was a primary responder proper in entrance of me, (saying), ‘Get out, get out now. You need to go.'”
The couple has been dwelling in a visitor home on the Lake Luzerne property for the reason that blaze occurred and are at the moment within the means of rebuilding the house.