For the third consecutive day, the variety of energetic circumstances of COVID-19 within the Peterborough space stays at 18, in line with information from Peterborough Public Well being on Friday afternoon.
From its COVID tracker replace issued round 4:20 p.m., the regional well being unit once more reported two new circumstances of COVID-19 following two days in a row of single circumstances.
Different information from the well being unit — which serves Peterborough, Peterborough County, Hiawatha First Nation and Curve Lake First Nation — on Friday:
- Cumulative confirmed circumstances: 1,891 because the pandemic was declared in March 2020.
- Variant of concern circumstances: 1,109 — another since Thursday’s replace. The primary confirmed Delta variant case was reported on June 19 and the primary variant case was reported on Feb. 23.
- Resolved circumstances: 1,850 — two extra since Thursday (1,848). Resolved circumstances make up roughly 97.4 per cent of all circumstances.
- Shut contacts: 162 – unchanged from Thursday’s replace. A detailed contact is an individual who is thought to have had shut contact with somebody who was contaminated with COVID-19. People who find themselves shut contacts must self-isolate for 14 days from the final time that they had contact with an individual contaminated with COVID-19.
- Peterborough Regional Well being Centre: Reported no COVID-19 inpatients as of Tuesday afternoon (most up-to-date information). Because the pandemic’s starting, there have been at the least 76 affected person transfers from different areas.
- Hospitalizations: 88 circumstances have required hospitalized care because the pandemic started, making up roughly 5 per cent of all circumstances; 18 of the circumstances required the intensive care unit. ICU admissions make up one per cent of circumstances.
- Outbreaks: An outbreak was declared Friday at Roger Neilson Public College in Peterborough. The well being unit has handled 335 circumstances (two extra since Thursday’s replace) related to 57 outbreaks because the pandemic’s beginnings. Of the 335 outbreak circumstances, 97 have been in a college setting (19 elementary, six secondary and 72 post-secondary).
- Deaths: 23 — the newest dying was reported on Sept. 10.
- COVID-19 publicity: 75.8 per cent of all circumstances (1,434) within the well being unit’s jurisdiction are from contact with one other present case, 19.8 per cent (375 circumstances) are linked with neighborhood unfold, 3.9 per cent (74 circumstances) are associated to journey and 0.5 per cent (eight circumstances) have but to be decided.
- Testing: Greater than 62,450 individuals have been examined for COVID-19 — a further 100 since Thursday’s replace.
- Enforcement: Since Oct. 1, three costs have been laid in opposition to one enterprise underneath the Reopening Ontario Act.
The Peterborough Victoria Northumberland Clarington Catholic District College Board once more reported 4 energetic circumstances at its faculties throughout the well being unit’s jurisdiction on Friday afternoon (the college board doesn’t state if circumstances contain college students or workers).
- St. Anne Catholic Elementary College in Peterborough: Two circumstances, unchanged since Wednesday. College stays open.
- St. Paul Catholic Elementary College in Norwood: Two circumstances, unchanged since Wednesday. Three circumstances from an outbreak have been resolved. College stays open.
The Kawartha Pine Ridge District College Board, as of 10:17 a.m. Friday once more reported two energetic circumstances amongst its faculties throughout the well being unit’s jurisdiction (the college board doesn’t state if circumstances contain college students or workers):
- Norwood District Intermediate School in Norwood: One case, unchanged since Wednesday. College stays open
- Roger Neilson Public College in Peterborough: One case, unchanged since Wednesday. The well being unit declared an outbreak on the faculty on Friday afternoon. College stays open.
Trent College reported no energetic circumstances at its Peterborough and Durham campuses on Friday afternoon. It says 93 per cent of scholars and 96 per cent of workers are totally vaccinated and 4 per cent of scholars and one per cent of workers are partially vaccinated.
Fleming Faculty has not reported any circumstances at its Peterborough campus.
The well being unit releases its weekly vaccination fee information on Wednesday. The newest information could be discovered on this International Information Peterborough story.
All testing and medical assessments for COVID-19 in Peterborough are actually consolidated at Peterborough Regional Well being Centre’s evaluation centre at 1 Hospital Dr. Appointments should be booked on-line.
Quite a lot of Peterborough and space pharmacies provide vaccinations to eligible recipients. Appointments are required and could be made by calling the respective pharmacies or visiting the Ontario authorities’s web site.
© 2021 International Information, a division of Corus Leisure Inc.