Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Sunday stated a number of the hospitals below the municipal companies of Delhi will probably be transformed into devoted COVID hospitals and doctors and paramedics of paramilitary forces will probably be deployed within the nationwide capital to take care of the scarcity of manpower. To take care of the current spike in coronavirus circumstances in Delhi, the Centre stated it’ll quickly make accessible 300 extra ICU beds and double the variety of each day RT-PCR checks within the nationwide capital.
The selections had been taken at a high-level meeting chaired by Shah and attended by Delhi Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan amongst others. Shah stated to avoid wasting extra lives, the Centre may even present oxygen, excessive circulation nasal cannula and different well being gear to Delhi.
Here are the highlights from the Union Minister’s announcement:
- Daily RT-PCR checks in Delhi will probably be doubled, the capability of the testing laboratories will probably be enhanced and cellular testing vans of the Union Health Ministry and the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) will probably be deployed within the areas the place the COVID-19 risk is excessive.
- Few MCD hospitals to be transformed into COVID devoted hospitals for therapy of COVID sufferers with gentle signs.
- Dedicated multi-department groups to go to all personal hospitals in Delhi for inspection of availability of COVID-19 medical infrastructure, admission of sufferers and availability of beds.
- More oxygen cylinders, High Flow Nasal Cannula and different vital equipments to be made accessible to Delhi Government by the Central Government.
- To improve the capability of Delhi’s hospitals and on this path, 300 ICU beds will probably be made accessible on the DRDO COVID hospital (Dhaula Kuan) along with the prevailing 250 ICU beds.
- To improve the variety of oxygen beds, the 10,000-bedded Chhatarpur COVID care centre will probably be strengthened and a number of the hospitals of the municipal companies of Delhi will probably be transformed into devoted COVID hospitals.
- Directions are given for protocol to be made for plasma donation and transfusion within the case of COVID-19 sufferers. A high-level committee headed by Dr VK Paul, AIIMS and DG ICMR will submit a report on this quickly.
- Review of all beforehand established containment measures like marking of containment zones, contact tracing, quarantine and screening in Delhi.
Delhi recorded 3,235 contemporary COVID-19 circumstances, taking the an infection tally to over 4.85 lakh on Sunday, whereas ninety-five extra fatalities pushed the demise toll to 7,614.
The meeting was convened to plot a method to comprise the unfold of the virus in Delhi, particularly in view of the festive season and lowering temperatures accompanied by rising air pollution, the official stated.
(With inputs from PTI)