In mild of the rising quantity of novel coronavirus instances, the Assam authorities on Tuesday introduced total lockdown for 11 wards in state capital Guwahati. This lockdown will come into impact from June 23 onwards.
Assam Chief Secretary Kumar Sanjay Krishna in an order said, “It has been reported to me by District Magistrate, Kamrup Metropolitan that there is large scale spread of COVID-19 affected cases among the general public of certain areas of Guwahati City which has posed as a major threat to public health, hygiene and safety of the general population.”
“I, therefore in my capacity as the Chairman of the State Executive Committee of Assam State Disaster Management Authority, in the exercise of the powers, conferred under Section 22(2) (h) of the Disaster Management Act, 2005, do hereby issue directives to enforce total lockdown in 11 wards,” the order additional learn.
Prohibited activities in the notified wards beneath lockdown:
- Movement of people shall stay strictly prohibited in the required areas.
- All authorities workplaces, workplaces of autonomous/subordinate workplaces and personal workplaces shall stay closed.
- All enterprise/industrial institutions, retailers and commerce activities shall stay closed.
- All Industrial institutions shall stay closed.
- All public transport providers shall stay suspended.
- Movement of all Private automobiles is banned.
- All hospitality providers shall stay suspended.
- All academic, analysis, coaching, teaching establishments shall stay closed.
- All locations of worship shall stay closed for public. No spiritual congregation might be permitted with none exception.
- All social/political/sports activities/leisure/tutorial/cultural/spiritual capabilities, gathering shall be barred.
- Not greater than 20 individuals might be permitted in case of funerals.
- Spitting in public locations is banned and might be punishable with tremendous, as could also be prescribed by the native authority in accordance with its legal guidelines, guidelines or rules.
- Consumption and sale of liquor, paan, gutka, tobacco and so on.in public locations are prohibited.