Bihar Assembly Election 2020, first of the overall three phase ballot, is about to happen immediately. The election within the first phase will happen throughout 71 constituencies with greater than 2 crore voters who will determine the destiny of 1,066 candidates. Guidelines have been issued by the Election Commission for secure conduct of the electoral train. This goes to be the primary meeting election within the nation within the time of pandemic.
Bihar Assembly Election 2020 first phase polling | All you want to know
- Of the 2.14 crore voters who will train their franchise, 1.01 crore are ladies and 599 belong to the third gender, in line with information offered by the Election Commission.
- The candidates embody 952 males and 114 ladies, the most quantity (27) being within the fray at Gaya Town and the minimal (5) at Katoria in Banka district.
- Among the most important political events, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar‘s JD(U) is contesting in 35 of the 71 seats, adopted by its ally BJP (29), whereas the opposition RJD has fielded its candidates in 42 and its coalition associate Congress is within the fray in 20 meeting segments.
- Lok Janshakti Party, headed by Chirag Paswan, is in the fray in 41 seats, which embody all of the 35 contested by the JD(U), consistent with the decision given by the younger get together president, who not too long ago pulled out of the NDA within the state, to “dislodge” the chief minister from energy.
- Prominent candidates embody Shreyasi Singh, the Commonwealth Games gold medallist shooter who’s making her debut on the age of 27 because the BJP candidate from Jamui.
- Chirag Paswan, who represents Jamui Lok Sabha and insists that he stays loyal to the BJP underneath the management of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has assured full help of his get together to the younger debutant.
- Shreyasi Singh is pitted in opposition to Vijay Prakash Yadav of the RJD, the sitting MLA whose elder brother Jaiprakash Narayan Yadav is a former Union minister and an in depth aide of get together supremo Lalu Prasad.
- Notably, the previous Union minister’s 28-year-old daughter Divya Prakash can also be making her debut within the adjoining Tarapur constituency because the candidate of her father’s get together.
- 6 members of the state cupboard Prem Kumar (Gaya Town), Vijay Kumar Sinha (Lakhisarai), Ram Narayan Mandal (Banka), Krishnanandan Prasad Verma (Jehanabad), Jaikumar Singh (Dinara) and Santosh Kumar Nirala (Rajpur) are within the fray within the first phase. Of the six, Verma, Singh and Nirala belong to the JD(U), whereas the remaining are from the BJP.
- The JD(U) ministers search to win their seats contending with the LJP issue.
- Moreover, Verma, who has held key portfolios like schooling and social welfare, faces the extra problem of wresting an RJD bastion for his get together, having been requested to shift base from Ghosi the place the JD(U) has fielded Rahul Kumar.
- Kumar’s father Jagdish Sharma, disqualified upon conviction within the fodder rip-off, had previously represented the Ghosi meeting seat in addition to the Jehanabad Lok Sabha constituency.
- The reserved Imamganj seat in Gaya district, which falls underneath Aurangabad Lok Sabha constituency, will see a proverbial conflict of titans.
- Former chief minister and Hindustani Awam Morcha president Jitan Ram Manjhi, who’s the NDA candidate, is the sitting MLA.
- His bid to retain the seat is challenged by his predecessor Uday Narayan Chaudhary who had been related with the JD(U) until a couple of years in the past however is now within the fray as the RJD nominee.
- The pointers for election within the covid period embody decreasing the cap on the utmost quantity of voters for a polling sales space from 1,600 to 1,000, staggering of polling hours and postal poll facility for these aged above 80, or these stricken with or suspected to be carrying the contagion.
- Besides, sanitisation of digital voting machines, carrying of masks and different protecting gear by polling personnel and availability of thermal scanner, hand sanitiser, cleaning soap and water will likely be ensured.