The Haryana Police on Friday booked state Bharatiya Kisan Union (BKU) chief Gurnam Singh Charuni and 300 unidentified individuals for damaging public property and violating prohibitory orders, a day after farmers clashed with cops throughout a protest. BKU Thursday held a state-level protest at Pipli city close to Kurukshetra in Haryana, rejecting the farm ordinances promulgated by the Union government. Police had to make use of pressure to disperse the protesters and restore the site visitors on the Ambala-Delhi nationwide freeway.
Here’s why farmers in Haryana are agitating
- Members of the BKU and different farm our bodies had blocked a nationwide freeway in Kurukshetra’s Pipli and clashed with police whereas protesting against three Union government legislations, which they claimed had been “anti-farmer”.
- The farmers are protesting against three Ordinances — the Farmers’ Produce Trade and Commerce (Promotion and Facilitation) Ordinance, the Farmers (Empowerment and Protection) Agreement on Price Assurance and Farm Services Ordinance and the Essential Commodities (Amendment) Ordinance.
- Farmers and fee brokers associations have additionally prolonged help to the protest.
- Protesters had been saying that the Ordinances weren’t solely against the curiosity of the farmers however had been additionally against the Constitution of India.
- Numerous farmers and fee brokers from Hisar, Sirsa, Rohtak, Bhiwani and Jind districts weren’t allowed to succeed in the protest venue.
- Police had resorted to a lathicharge when farmers coming from the Shahbad space pushed their strategy to the protest website.
- The agitating farmers smashed windowpanes of a hearth brigade automobile and pelted police with stones. Three separate FIRs had been registered on the Sadar police station in Thanesar.
- These FIRs have been registered against Gurnam Singh Charuni and several other unknown individuals for illegal meeting, inflicting injury to property and stopping government staff from performing their obligation, SHO Naresh Kumar stated.
- The FIRs additionally embody expenses for the violation of the National Highway Act and the Disaster Management Act, he stated.
- Meanwhile, the Shahbad Markanda police lodged circumstances against 300 unknown individuals.
- SHO Devinder Kumar stated the try and homicide cost was additionally added to the FIR as many tractor-borne farmers tried to run police personnel manning the limitations erected to cease them.
- The Kurukshetra administration had imposed prohibitory orders after the farmer our bodies gave a protest name within the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.
- However, farmers belonging to the BKU and different organisations reached Pipli in massive numbers, defying the prohibitory orders.
- Challenging the BJP-JJP state government to chorus from its crude try and undermine the joint energy of farmers, merchants and labourers, Congress leaer Surjewala stated the Khattar government ought to know that Haryanvis wouldn’t be deterred by such makes an attempt and they’re going to vigorously struggle in a united means against the Modi-Khattar governments.
ALSO READ | PM Modi to announce 3 gifts for Bihar on Sep 13