Huawei unveiled EMUI 11 as the newest iteration of the corporate’s customized ROM, based mostly on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP), at its annual developer convention on Thursday. The new EMUI model is touted to be an end result of lots of analysis with smartphone customers. Due to the US commerce ban, EMUI 11 lacks Google Mobile Services that supply Google Play and different apps of the search large. Huawei has, nevertheless, offered Huawei Mobile Services (HMS) to fill the hole to some extent. The Chinese firm claims that EMUI 11 brings smoother animation results over EMUI 10. The new model of EMUI additionally makes use of the core construction of Huawei’s HarmonyOS that will assist the corporate ultimately transfer from the Android to its proprietary providing that’s made out of scratch.
Here are the highest 7 issues about the Huawei EMUI 11
- One of the notable options of EMUI 11 is Multi-Screen Collaboration. This new function allows you to entry a number of apps concurrently. Instead of splitting the display screen of your smartphone in two elements that’s generally accessible on many customized Android skins these days, Multi-Screen Collaboration brings app screens to your laptop computer for simple entry. The new function additionally helps drag-across-screen to allow you to transfer your duties from one gadget to a different. It additionally brings keyboard and mouse sharing on smartphones. You also can use the Multi-Screen Collaboration to share your app knowledge between a number of units. This sounds just like how Apple units assist Handoff.
- For a better Internet of Things (IoT) expertise, EMUI 11 contains MeeTime that establishes a reference to HarmonyOS-based linked units and permits them to speak with one another. The function additionally helps real-time display screen sharing between two EMUI 11 units.
- EMUI 11 additionally brings an AI Subtitles function that’s based mostly on synthetic intelligence (AI) and presents real-time translations from English, Japanese, and Korean into Chinese. Further, there’s a platform-wide translation assist that allows text- and image-based translations.
- Huawei has additionally developed its Location Kit and mobile-first search engine service. The latter is especially aimed to cowl greater than 170 international locations and areas in over 50 languages and over 20 vertical sectors, together with native, buying, information, apps, journey, and data.
- Additionally, Huawei has additionally introduced a SmartPlay DRM as its native digital rights administration system for over-the-top (OTT) apps.
- EMUI 11 is a repackaging of Android 10, and there are not any particulars whether or not Huawei would be capable to improve the expertise to Android 11. Also, the corporate hasn’t but detailed the important thing options of the brand new platform because it’s planning to ultimately transfer its smartphone customers to HarmonyOS. The firm on the convention introduced HarmonyOS 2.zero as the subsequent model of its working system that will emerge as an reply to Google’s Android platform over time.
- Having mentioned that, a beta model of EMUI 11 will attain Huawei P40 and Huawei Mate 30 within the close to future, as noted by 9to5Google. There is, nevertheless, no phrase on when the newest EMUI would attain its public launch stage.
Is Android One holding again Nokia smartphones in India? We mentioned this on Orbital, our weekly know-how podcast, which you’ll be able to subscribe to through Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS, download the episode, or simply hit the play button beneath.