In a bid to present aid to passengers, the Indian Railways has allowed reserving and cancellation of tickets until 5 minutes before a prepare leaves the station. The change comes because the Indian Railways has determined to restore the pre-COVID system of getting ready the second reservation chart half an hour before the departure time. The new rule comes into impact from right this moment.
Train ticket reserving guidelines: 5 things to know
1. Ever because the COVID-19 pandemic, the Indian Railways getting ready the second reservation chart two hours before the scheduled departure. However, now the second reservation chart might be made 30 minutes before the scheduled departure of trains from stations.
2. From right this moment, the second reservation charts might be shaped between 30 minutes to 5 minutes before the scheduled departure. Passengers might be in a position to guide throughout this era.
3. It is pertinent to point out that the primary chart is created about 4 hours before the scheduled departure of the prepare. Only if seats change into vacant due to cancellation, bookings may be made by way of PRS counters and on-line until the second chart is ready.
4. According to the provisions of the refund guidelines, tickets can be cancelled throughout this time.
5. “As per request of Zonal Railways for guaranteeing comfort of rail passengers, the matter has been examined and it has been determined that the second reservation chart shall be ready at the least 30 minutes before scheduled/rescheduled time of departure of prepare. Accordingly, ticket reserving facility, each on-line and on PRS ticket counters, shall be accessible, before preparation of second chart. CRIS will make crucial modifications within the software program accordingly in order to restore this provision with impact from October 10,” a statement issued by the Indian Railways said.