The authorities on Friday stated that within the close to future it would contemplate extending to digital present affairs and information media entities advantages resembling giving PIB accreditation to their reporters, cameramen and videographers. The Centre additionally urged digital media entities to type self-regulating our bodies for furthering their pursuits and interplay with the federal government.
Govt mulling PIB accreditation to digital media journalists | What we all know
- The Information and Broadcasting Ministry stated this step was pursuant to the choice of the central authorities vide a press word of Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) permitting 26 per cent FDI below authorities approval route on ‘importing/streaming of present affairs and information by way of Digital Media’.
- In an announcement, the I&B Ministry stated it will likely be contemplating within the close to future to increase sure advantages, presently accessible to conventional media (print and TV), to entities engaged in importing or streaming of stories and present affairs by way of digital media additionally.
- The amenities it will likely be contemplating to increase to such media embody PIB accreditation for its reporters, cameramen, videographers, enabling them with higher first-hand data and entry together with participation in official press conferences and such different interactions, the assertion stated.
- The amenities, when prolonged, would additionally permit such individuals with PIB accreditation to avail CGHS advantages and concessional rail fare as per extant process.
- The transfer may also make entities engaged in importing or streaming of stories and present affairs by way of digital media eligible for digital ads by way of the Bureau of Outreach and Communication, in keeping with the assertion.
- “Similar to self-regulating bodies in print and electronic media, entities in digital media can form self-regulating bodies for furthering their interests and interaction with the government,” the assertion stated.