I went via the transcript of Trump’s interview with FBN’s Maria Bartiromo. The lines it’s good to see are beneath.
1. “I beat him easily in the first debate, according to the polls that I’ve seen, but I beat him easily in the — I felt I beat him easily. I think he felt it too.”
2. “No, I’m not going to waste my time on a virtual debate. That’s not what debating is all about. You sit behind a computer and do a debate. It’s ridiculous. And then they cut you off whenever they want.”
3. “And they tried to protect Biden. Everybody is. “
Trump seems to be underneath the mistaken impression that he gained the primary debate. Which, once more, polls present he didn’t.
4. “(Biden) was raising his — his very thin hand and he was fracking. And now all of a sudden he’s not fracking.”
“His very thin hand.” What?
5. “They’re lying to everybody. They’re lying about so many different things.”
6. “Yes, well, first of all, I think I’m better. I — when — when — to a point where I — I’d love to do a rally tonight. I wanted to do one last night.”
It could also be worthwhile to notice right here that Donald Trump isn’t, the truth is, a medical physician.
7. “You know, no matter how good the security, you’re not going to protect yourselves from this thing with just your standard anything unless you just literally don’t come out.”
This is patently false. Doctors and infectious illness specialists — to not point out scads of information — have made clear that sporting a masks, social distancing and avoiding massive crowds all can tremendously scale back the unfold of Covid-19. That Trump usually did not take any of these precautions seemingly performed a big function in him getting the virus.
8. “No, I don’t think I’m contagious, but we still have to wait — I don’t think I’m contagious at all.”
… stated somebody who isn’t a health care provider.
9. “You catch this thing. It’s, you know, it’s — it’s particles of dust. It’s tiny stuff.”
Tell me extra about these “particles of dust”…
10. “And, remember this, when you catch it, you get better. And then you’re immune, you know? I — as soon as everything goes away for me, you’re immune.”
11. “I’m back because I’m a perfect physical specimen and I’m extremely young. And so I’m lucky in that way.”
He’s joking. Right? He needs to be.
12. “Perhaps a couple of pounds we could lose here and there, but, you know, because a lot of people in that category.”
13. “Now, what happens is you get better. That’s what happens, you get better.”
Again, 211,000 Americans didn’t get higher.
14. “I think I would have done it fine without drugs. It — you know, you don’t really need drugs.”
Not. A. Doctor. (Also: This sends a really harmful message to Trump backers who might get Covid-19 and demand, just like the President, that they do not want medicine to deal with it.)
15. “I’m — I’m glad because I’m the leader. And I can’t be like Biden where I hang out in a basement every day. Sure, he — if I wanted to hang out in a basement, I wouldn’t catch it, but I meet a lot of people and I have to.”
The concept that solely actual leaders catch a life-threatening sickness is, nicely, wow.
16. “Sometimes I’d be with — in groups of — for instance Gold Star families. I met with Gold Star families. I didn’t want to cancel that. But they all came in and they all talked about their son and daughter and father.”
In which the President of the United States suggests, with zero proof, that he contracted the coronavirus by assembly with Gold Star households. Very regular stuff!
17. “They want to hug me and they want to kiss me. And they do. And frankly, I’m not telling them to back up. I’m not doing it. But I did say it’s like — it’s obviously dangerous. It’s a dangerous thing I guess if you go by the Covid thing.”
“The Covid thing.”
18. “I figured that you probably — that probably at some point I’d catch it and I’ll get better. That’s what happened. I’ve caught it. I could’ve been out of the hospital in one day.”
Actual docs determined to maintain Trump within the hospital for 4 days.
19. “I feel perfect now, Maria, otherwise I wouldn’t be able to speak to you.”
It was a cellphone interview.
20. “They were trying to get things and we were trying to get things and it wasn’t going anywhere. I shut it down. I don’t want to play games.”
21. “Unless Bill Barr indicts these people for crimes, the greatest political crime in the history of our country, then we’re going to get little satisfaction unless I win and we’ll just have to go, because I won’t forget it.”
22. “But, it’s still not that easy, you have a ‘deep state,’ you have a group of people that don’t want to have documents shown, which tells you bad thing, you know, but they — they have to give them ultimately and we’re getting them, you know.”
The lawyer basic who was appointed by Trump is a part of a “deep state” that refuses to criminally cost folks for his or her actions curing the 2016 election? Man, everybody is in on it!
23. “Well, I don’t want to say that yet, he’s been disappointing. He talks about, you know, even the voting thing that he doesn’t see the voting ballots as a problem.”
24. “If you were running for office, and if you see thousands and thousands of ballots being thrown into rivers, and they have your name on it in some cases, in other words people — we had military ballots where people voted for me, military, the military’s going to vote for me because I — I rebuilt the military.”
25. “Actually, it was Joe Biden that called the military a bunch of dirty bastards and he said it on tape. He called them a bunch of dirty bastards and he said it on tape.”
26. “We’re in all these different sites fighting in countries that nobody ever heard of and it hurts us because we’re — you wear out your military.”
“Fighting in countries that nobody ever heard of.” — The President of the United States
27. “Look, I sit next to Joe and I looked at Joe. Joe’s not lasting two months as president, OK, that’s my opinion. He’s not going to be lasting two months.”
Just the President predicting that Biden will die inside two months of taking workplace, with no proof in any way to again up the declare aside from he has sat in the identical room with the previous vice chairman.
28. “Pennsylvania will never go for him because Pennsylvania has a million jobs that are fracking.”
29. “And I saved the chicken tax on the truck with South Korea. They were going to wipe out the chicken tax.”
30. “I went to the farmers, I said look, we got to play a game with these people but I’m going to put tariffs on you, nobody even heard of tariffs.”
“I don’t want to play games.” — Donald Trump, on this very same interview.
31. “We have a lousy phone here.”
32. “I’ve never seen such liars as this, they’re worse than crooked Hillary, (Kamala Harris) was worse in other ways.”
33. “If people delete emails in a regular court case, (Clinton) delete(s) 33,000 emails and nothing happens to her. Our justice system, nothing happens to her. With all of the pages of stuff, thousands of pages that we have on them, nothing happens to them. Nothing happens.”
The 2016 election ended 1,430 days in the past.
34. “Frankly, the Bush people, some of these losers that used to work for Bush, they’re worse than — they’re worse than the Obama people.”
Ladies and gents, the pinnacle of the Republican Party!
35. “But, look — and they’re in the State Department, but Mike Pompeo is unable to get them out, which is very sad actually. I’m — I’m not happy about him for that, that reason.”
I feel Trump is blaming the secretary of his State Department, certainly one of his most loyal allies, for not discovering and releasing emails despatched by Hillary Clinton when she was on the State Department? Or one thing?
36. “And, you know, to be honest, Bill Barr’s going to go down either as the greatest attorney general in the history of the country or he’s going to go down as a very sad — sad situation. I mean, I’ll be honest with you, he’s got all the information he needs.”
Just the President operating a stress marketing campaign in opposition to his personal lawyer basic. This is ok!
37. “No, I’ll — I’ll be tested pretty soon, but I’m — I’m essentially very clean.”
NOT. A. DOCTOR.
38. “They say it’s over — periods of six, seven days and I was — I — you know, it was amazing thing happened to me.”
39. “I’ve got to be a leader. I can’t — Winston Churchill didn’t sit in his basement for six months.”
Oh so now we’re evaluating ourselves to Winston Churchill, are we?
40. “And I think at some point I would — it’s a very — look, it’s a tiny, tiny linking it to a tiny little microscopic piece of dust and it gets into your nose or your mouth or your eye frankly or something else or you touch something. So I understand and then you get better.”
Yes, sure, he clearly understands precisely how Covid-19 works. That a lot is clear.
41. “It’s not even — it’s not a heavy steroid”
42. “But why isn’t Hilary Clinton being indicted for terminating 33,000 emails that she got from Congress? Congress made a request to see them. Everybody else I know gets indicted when they don’t give that.”
What was the query that acquired Trump again onto Hillary Clinton’s emails? “I’d love to come back to the White House,” Bartiromo stated. “I saw it up close and personal.” At which level Trump interrupted her to make his level about Clinton’s emails. Again.
43. “We have tremendous Black community support, men and women, by the way, because I’ve done more for the Black community than any president except Abraham Lincoln. And it’s true.”
“And it’s true.”
44. “He’s not mentally capable. He’s not mentally capable of being president. You know that. Everybody knows that. Everybody that knows him, he can’t be president.”
What proof did Trump present to again up a declare that his Democratic opponent isn’t “mentally capable” of being president? Oh, none.
45. “And this monster that was on stage with Mike Pence, who destroyed her last night by the way, but this monster, she says, no, no, there won’t be fracking.”
In which the president calls Kamala Harris, a California senator and the primary girl of shade on a serious occasion ticket, a “monster” twice within the house of a single sentence.
46. “I’m making actually a play for the whole state. You know, I did well there.”
Donald Trump is not making a “play” to win New York in November. And he misplaced the Empire State by 22 factors in 2016. So…
47. “I don’t believe the polls because we’ve never had this much support. They have a vote thing, they have 5,000 votes. They have thousands of trucks all over the country.”
“A vote thing?” “Thousands of trucks all over the country”? WHAAAAAAT.
48. “This country will go to hell, your taxes will double and triple and quadruple. Your stock markets will crash, we’ll have a depression, the likes of which we’ve never seen before.”
Yeah, this appears like an excellent place to finish.