The Yogi Adityanath-led Uttar Pradesh authorities on Friday authorised advantages of special festival package and advance payments, special money package (in lieu of LTC) schemes introduced by the Centre to state authorities employees. The choice to this impact was taken at a cupboard assembly chaired by Adityanath.
UP approves special festival package for state govt employees | Key takeways
- “Keeping in view the broad objectives of the special festival package for central government employees and the scheme for making advance payments for it, the state government has approved proposal to implement it for state government employees also,” an official assertion issued right here mentioned.
- “This facility will be given to all employees of the state government and will remain in force till 31 March 2021. Under this scheme, an advance special festival package of Rs 10,000 will be sanctioned by the Head of the Office to the government employees concerned before any important festival, which will be interest free. With the implementation of the scheme, the state government will incur an expenditure of about Rs 1000 crore rupees,” the assertion mentioned.
- A special festival package for central authorities employees and advance fee allowance has been applied by the Centre to allow festival associated expenditure.
- The state cupboard additionally determined to permit special money package in lieu of LTC (go away journey concession) facility for state authorities employees.
- The cupboard has authorised the proposal to implement it for the state authorities employees, retaining in view the broad aims of the plan to permit a special money package in lieu of LTC facility for Central Government employees additionally.
- This facility shall be admissible to these employees of the state authorities who’re eligible to avail this facility underneath the LTC pre-issued authorities orders until March 31, 2021 and who’re keen to get special money package in lieu of this facility, it mentioned.
- “To make the benefit of this arrangement permissible, the concerned employee can be paid 50% of the LTC’s deemed rental amount in advance to the employee’s bank account, which can be adjusted to him on submission of the purchase voucher of the goods,” the assertion mentioned.
- The guidelines of revenue tax will apply to the quantity of special money package allowed in lieu of LTC, in the identical means as fee of rental of LTC.
- Implementation of the scheme will incur an expenditure of about Rs 960 crore on the state authorities.
- A special money package has been determined by the Centre in lieu of LTC facility for its employees.
(With inputs from PTI)